Connecting PS3 to Wi-Fi is much easy. PlayStation 3 (PS3) features a vast world of online gaming. It requires Internet connectivity to play and download games. This is an essential guide to connect PS 3 to Wi-Fi.
PlayStaion 3 comes in various models and features built-in Wi-Fi. These days games have started running from servers and required Internet connection to play. This creates need for high-speed Internet, and you can get it by connecting your PS3 to Wi-Fi network.
How to Connect PS3 to Wi-Fi
Follow below steps carefully and your job will be done.
Switch off everything. PS3 console, Wi-Fi Modem and Router for 2 minutes.
- Be sure your Internet connection is active and router is functioning perfect.
- Configure router's setting on PS3 using laptop or PC. Make sure everything is right.
- Power on your PS3 and navigate to :- Settings > Network Settings> XMB and press X button.
- Now enter router's password. (If an ethernet cable connection between Wi-Fi Router and PS3, it will disable Wi-Fi option.)
- Select and enable Internet Connection.
- Go to Internet Settings and Press X button.
- Ignore the message. (It will say "You will be disconnected from any current Internet connection")
- Select Yes and choose easy option.
- If everything goes well you will see option to select Wireless.
- Choose to scan and select your access point.
- Enter security details. (Password for your Wi-Fi network)
- Press X again to save settings and test the network.
- This is a complete dummy guide to connect PS3 to Wi-Fi. We are trying to cover everything related to Wireless networks so decided to publish a dummy guide related to PS3's Wi-Fi setting. If anything goes wrong then you can turn off everything and start over again.